Are you new behind the wheel and need some tips on how to stay safe while driving? The Selmon Extension construction team wants to make sure all drivers and pedestrians arrive safely to their destination while construction continues along Gandy Boulevard.
- Pedestrians pay attention to sidewalk closures. Don’t walk across live traffic, make sure you use crosswalks at intersections.
- Drivers should stay alert and pay attention to the motorists driving around you.
- Keep your cell phone on silent or vibrate. Don’t text and drive.
- Drive the speed limit. For your safety and others, pay attention to traffic cones and changes ahead in the road that indicates when to slow down. Be sure to slow down as it is a requirement to drive cautiously in road construction zones. If there are several traffic cones, keep a safe distance to not knock any down while driving past.
- Make sure to come to a complete stop when the traffic light is red. After it turns green, look both ways before proceeding through the intersection. Be cautious of drivers who may potentially try to beat the red light and cause an accident.