Objectives of this Study
- Measure the effectiveness of THEAs Contraflow Plan
- Study the evacuation impact of the Selmon Expressway Contraflow on the transportation system
- Evaluate resiliency benefits of the Selmon Expressway and surrounding local road network during an evacuation
- Identify potential system failures that could threaten the contraflow plan and identify an alternative
Findings of the Contraflow Plan Assessment of the Selmon Expressway Study
The Selmon Expressway Contraflow Plan is needed and works.
The Build of the Selmon West Extension:
- Will improve evacuation from South Tampa and Pinellas County
- Will reduce congestion, queues and delay for local traffic
- Will improve traffic distribution on bridge crossings
- Will enhance overall transportation resilience of the region
Click here to download the presentation slides of the Contraflow Plan Assessment of the Selmon Expressway.