Media Alert July 24, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
A PORTION OF GANDY BOULEVARD CLOSED NEXT WEEK FOR BRIDGE DECK CONSTRUCTION
On Monday, July 27, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction crews will close all lanes of traffic from 9 pm – 6 am on Gandy Boulevard between Church Street and the U-Haul facility to pour concrete, weather permitting. Driveways of nearby businesses will not be affected and will still be able to maintain access.
The entrance ramp to westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Selmon Expressway will be closed while the eastbound off-ramp will remain open for travel. Drivers will need to detour using Bay to Bay Boulevard or Interbay Boulevard to access Westshore Boulevard. Please remember to obey the posted speed limit at 45 miles per hour.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JULY 25 – 31, 2020
- Overnight detour implemented at Manhattan Avenue and Gandy Boulevard intersection for setting segments. The intersection will be open to east/west traffic only, but not north/south traffic. Detour signs are posted.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard in front of Gandy Animal Hospital and Walgreens. Pedestrians will need to use the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure on eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.