June 7, 2019
Kym Graves, Project Information Officer
DAYTIME LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED ALONG DALE MABRY HIGHWAY FOR BRIDGE FOUNDATION WORK
Beginning on Monday June 10, 2019, crews will implement daytime lane closures in the inside lanes of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the overhead Gandy Bridge.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JUNE 7-14, 2019
The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard. The temporary closure is for safety reasons. Drivers can utilize the U-turn at Trask Street or S. Manhattan Avenue to gain access to the plaza. The entrance to the plaza will not be blocked during this time.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work will occur at night; lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: New lane configuration; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the entrance to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at the bottom of the ramp.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.