Media Alert May 15, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
DAYTIME LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR NEW PUBLIX DRIVEWAY ALONG GANDY BOULEVARD
On Monday, May 18, 2020, construction crews for the new Publix will implement daytime lane closures for one week. Crews will temporarily close the outside lane along westbound Gandy Boulevard between Lois Avenue and Manhattan Avenue from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm. The sidewalk will also be closed in this area during this time. Pedestrians will need to follow the posted detour to access the sidewalk along eastbound Gandy.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF MAY 16 – 22, 2020
- Daytime inside lane closures along eastbound Gandy Boulevard as needed until traffic volumes return to normal levels.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza for the next two to four more weeks.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Daytime water main work, Southside: Rehabilitation work is underway.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.