Media Alert November 8, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
REMINDER: ACTIVE NIGHTLY DETOUR REMAINS IN PLACE ON WESTSHORE BOULEVARD FOR SEGMENT ERECTION OPERATION
From 9 pm – 6 am, drivers going north or south on Westshore must take a right-turn onto Gandy Boulevard. Once on Gandy Boulevard, drivers can take the nearest U-Turn opportunity. The intersection will be open to east/west traffic, but not north/south traffic. Detour signs will be posted.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY ALERTS WEEK OF NOVEMBER 10-15, 2019
- Right-turn onto S. Dale Mabry reopened, eliminating the temporary merge. All three lanes are open for travel.
- On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, Gandy Boulevard between Dale Mabry Highway and Church Street will be closed in both directions for steel beam erection operation between 9 pm – 6 am. The Selmon off-ramps to eastbound and westbound Gandy will be closed. Travelers will detour using Dale Mabry Highway, Euclid Avenue or Bay to Bay Boulevard.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Night drainage work, Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard during the hours of 6 am – 9 pm due to the scheduled nighttime closure.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.
Please remember to obey the posted construction speed limit at 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones.