Media Alert July 19, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
NIGHT-TIME ROAD CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR GANDY BOULEVARD NEXT WEEK AT RAILROAD CROSSING
On Thursday, July 25, and Friday, July 26, 2019, crews will temporarily close Gandy Boulevard, between Dale Mabry Highway and Church Street between 9 pm and 6 am, weather permitting. This means that all lanes of both sides of Gandy will be closed during those times. The Selmon off-ramp to westbound Gandy will also be closed. Travelers will detour around the work zone using S. Dale Mabry, Euclid Avenue, Bay to Bay and Westshore Boulevard. The ramp from the Selmon Expressway to eastbound Gandy as well as the Selmon entrance ramp from northbound Dale Mabry will remain open. Electronic message boards will be displayed to alert drivers.
OTHER SELMON CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JULY 19-26, 2019
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for several weeks in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard. The temporary closure is for safety reasons. Drivers can utilize the U-turn at Trask Street or S. Manhattan Avenue to gain access to the plaza. The entrance to the plaza will not be blocked during this time.
- Temporary daytime inside and median lane closures of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the Selmon Expressway over-head crossing for bridge foundation installation.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues; lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: underground utility work at night, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the Selmon Exit ramp to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at Gandy Boulevard.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk on S. Dale Mabry Highway is closed between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.