Media Alert July 12, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
NIGHT-TIME ROAD CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR GANDY BOULEVARD NEXT WEEK AT THE RAILROAD CROSSING
On Tuesday, July 23, and Wednesday, July 24, 2019, crews will temporarily close Gandy Boulevard, between Dale Mabry Highway and Church Street between 9 pm and 6 am, weather permitting. This means that portions of both sides of Gandy Boulevard will be temporarily closed during those times. The entrance ramp to westbound Gandy Boulevard will also be closed. The entrance ramp to eastbound Gandy will remain open. Travelers will detour around the work zone using S. Dale Mabry, Euclid Avenue, Bay to Bay and Westshore Boulevard. The entrance ramp on northbound Dale Mabry will remain open to access the Selmon Expressway. Electronic message boards will be displayed to alert drivers.
OTHER SELMON CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JULY 12-19, 2019
- Temporary alternating daytime inside and outside lane closures of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the Selmon Expressway over-head crossing for bridge foundation installation. This operation is scheduled to take a few weeks to complete.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues; lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: underground utility work at night beginning on Monday, July 15, 2019, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the entrance to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at the bottom of the ramp.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.