Media Alert July 2, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
NO CONSTRUCTION WORK ON THE SELMON EXTENSION DURING 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Beginning on Friday, July 3, 2020, at 6 am, the Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily halt construction work. There will be no lane closures during this time. All drivers still need to obey the posted 45 mph speed limit. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. STAY SAFE.
As a reminder, when we close the inside lanes, drivers won’t necessarily see any workers present. That’s because they’re working inside the concrete segments above the traffic. Lane closures are needed to ensure the safety of the traveling public as well as the construction workers. All drivers still need to obey the posted 45 mph speed limit. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. STAY SAFE.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JULY 3-11, 2020
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure on eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.