Media Alert February 22, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
NO WEEKEND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED DURING GASPARILLA DISTANCE CLASSIC RACE AS CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES ON THE SELMON EXTENSION
Due to the annual Gasparilla Distance Classic, Selmon Extension construction crews will not implement any lane closures on Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23. However, there will still be active construction activity happening during this time. We want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF FEBRUARY 22 – MARCH 1, 2019
- New traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Hwy. between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am, with the exception for the Gasparilla event dates listed above.