Media Alert January 10, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
PILE DRIVING OPERATION NEEDED TO COMPLETE BRIDGE FOUNDATION WORK
On Monday, January 13, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction team will begin their pile driving operation for the southbound Selmon Expressway bridge foundation work. The pile driving activity is scheduled for daytime only, Monday through Saturday and should take roughly three weeks. Once this construction activity finishes this will complete the entire pile driving operation on the project.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS JANUARY 11 – 17, 2020
- New traffic pattern for the Selmon Expressway exit onto eastbound Gandy Boulevard. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching this area.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground storm drainage work Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.