Media Alert April 24, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
REMINDER: PORTION OF WEST OAKELLAR AVENUE TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION WORK
The entrance to W. Oakellar Avenue, just north of the Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection remains temporarily closed for water pipe installation. Drivers will need to detour around the work using W. Fielder Street. The portion of the road will be closed for at least one week, weather permitting. We want to remind drivers to please be aware of the posted construction signs and to obey the speed limit while traveling through an active work zone.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF APRIL 25 – MAY 1, 2020
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- 24/7 inside lane closures implemented along Gandy corridor until further notice for segment erection work.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Daytime water main work, Southside: temporary lane configuration remains in place.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the east side of Dale Mabry sidewalk. Sidewalk rehabilitation is underway and will be opening again in the near future.