Media Alert April 3, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
REMINDER: TIME CHANGE FOR NIGHTLY LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED DURING SELMON EXTENSION PROJECT
Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily extend nightly lane closures from 9 pm to 6 am to 7 pm – 7 am until further notice.
Due to the state-wide Stay-At-Home order issued involving the spread of COVID-19, traffic counts along the project corridor are low. Extending the hours of construction allows the project to continue. Drivers, please remember to obey the posted 45 mph speed limit through the construction zone.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF APRIL 4-10, 2020
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Expressway.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Watermain work resumes, nighttime lane closures implemented for several weeks, Southside: temporary lane configuration remains in place.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the east side of Dale Mabry sidewalk.