Media Alert December 6, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXPRESSWAY RAMPS TO TEMPORARILY CLOSE FOR GANDY BOULEVARD CONSTRUCTION WORK
On Friday, December 6, 2019, Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily close the Selmon Expressway off-ramp to eastbound Gandy Boulevard as well as the on-ramp to the Expressway at the interchange for construction activity.
Both ramps will close starting at 7 pm. The off-ramp to westbound Gandy and the on-ramp along Dale Mabry Highway behind Target will remain open during this time.
Please remember the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF DECEMBER 8-13, 2019
- Median left-turn lane temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground storm drainage work Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.