October 4, 2019
Mellisa McColley, Project Information Officer
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY ALERTS WEEK OF OCTOBER 6 – 12, 2019
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.
We want to remind everyone that as of October 1, law enforcement officers may begin ticketing anyone holding and using a cell phone while traveling in a school zone or active construction zone. It’s a $60 fine plus county assessment taxes and fees, and three points on their driver license.