Media Alert September 6, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 6-13, 2019
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern in place at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway still remains. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane. This traffic pattern is temporary.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues. Southside: underground utility work at night, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Selmon Expressway. A yield sign is in place.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.