Media Alert May 1, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF MAY 2 – 8, 2020
- Implemented daytime inside lane closures as needed until traffic volumes return to normal levels.
- Entrance to W. Oakellar Avenue, just north of the Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection remains temporarily closed for water pipe installation. Drivers use W. Fielder Street as a detour.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street. Sidewalk to the south remains open for pedestrian travel.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Daytime water main work, Southside: Rehabilitation work is underway.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use the east side sidewalk as access. Sidewalk rehabilitation is underway and will be opening again in the near future.