Media Alert February 28, 2020 Contact Information: Mellisa McColley, Project Information Officer Mellisa@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION CREWS TO TEMPORARILY CLOSE EXPRESSWAY RAMP FOR OVERNIGHT TRAFFIC SHIFT
On Monday, March 2, 2020, at 9 pm, construction crews will temporarily close the on-ramp to Selmon Expressway from eastbound Gandy Boulevard to conduct a traffic shift. Drivers will need to use the ramp behind the Target along N. Dale Mabry Highway as an alternative. The new roadway will open on Thursday, March 5, 2020, at 6 am.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS FEBRUARY 28 – MARCH 6, 2020
- Left-turn lane on westbound Gandy Boulevard in front of S. Trask Street closed for several weeks. Drives need to use S. Renellie Drive as a detour.
- New traffic pattern for the Selmon Expressway exit onto eastbound Gandy Boulevard. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching this area.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: new lane configuration; Southside: drainage work ongoing.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.