Media Alert January 17, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION SUSPENDS CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY DURING GASPARILLA FESTIVITIES
Due to the annual Gasparilla Parade events this weekend, the Selmon Extension construction crews will suspend all activity on Saturday, January 18, 2020. However, the area is still considered an active construction zone. We want to remind motorists that the posted speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Construction work will resume on Sunday, January 19, 2020.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS JANUARY 19 – 24, 2020
- New traffic pattern for the Selmon Expressway exit onto eastbound Gandy Boulevard. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching this area.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Overnight drainage work; Southside: Mast-arm installation in front of Westshore Office Center.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.