Media Alert December 20, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SELMON EXTENSION TEMPORARILY SUSPENDS CONSTRUCTION WORK DURING THE HOLIDAYS
On Monday, December 23, 2019, the Selmon Extension construction team will temporarily suspend all construction activity for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. The majority of the construction will resume on Monday, January 6, 2020. While all lane closure activity will be stopped, some workers may be on-site in the construction zones and reduced speed limits will still be in effect. Motorists are urged to obey the posted speed limit. Please remember it is illegal to text and drive.
OTHER SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS DECEMBER 22, 2019 – JANUARY 5, 2020
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground storm drainage work Southside: temporary lane configuration at the intersection.
- Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway, a yield sign is in place.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry.