Media Alert July 31, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
SWE TEAM IMPLEMENTS SINGLE LANE NORTHBOUND ON WESTSHORE BOULEVARD AT GANDY INTERSECTION
Beginning on Sunday, August 2, 2020, the Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily make northbound Westshore Boulevard at the Gandy Boulevard intersection, a single lane. All drivers turning onto Gandy Boulevard or going straight thru will all share the same lane. Drivers will need to use caution when approaching this intersection. We anticipate the single-lane every night from 9 pm – 6 am over the next two weeks, weather permitting.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF AUGUST 1 – 7, 2020
- Temporary sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard in front of Gandy Animal Hospital and Walgreens. Pedestrians will need to use the posted detour.
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the West Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure on eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.