Media Alert March 20, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ON THE SELMON EXPRESSWAY AND DALE MABRY HIGHWAY FOR CONSTRUCTION WORK
Beginning Monday, March 23 through Monday 30, 2020, Selmon Extension construction crews will temporarily close the Selmon Expressway at Bay to Bay Boulevard from 7 pm – 6 am. This includes the Expressway on-ramp along Dale Mabry Highway (behind Target). All drivers will need to exit and follow the detour signs.
Crews will also temporarily close the north and southbound lanes on Dale Mabry Highway between the railroad tracks and the underpass from 9 pm – 6 am. Detour signs are posted.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF MARCH 21 – 27, 2020
- New traffic pattern along Selmon Expressway on-ramp from eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Expressway.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: Watermain work resumes, nighttime lane closures implemented for several weeks, Southside: temporary lane configuration remains in place.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the east side of Dale Mabry sidewalk.