Media Alert March 13, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ON THE SELMON EXPRESS AND DALE MABRY HIGHWAY FOR CONSTRUCTION WORK
Monday, March 23 – Monday, March 30, 2020, Selmon Extension construction crews will close the on and off-ramps to Gandy Boulevard from 7 pm – 6 am. Crews will also close the northbound and southbound lanes on Dale Mabry Highway between the railroad tracks and the Selmon underpass from 9 pm – 6 am. Drivers will need to detour using Bay to Bay Boulevard, Euclid or MacDill Avenue.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF MARCH 14 – 20, 2020
- New traffic pattern along Selmon Expressway on-ramp from eastbound Gandy Boulevard. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the ramp.
- The short merge remains on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway.
- Median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed for safety reasons in front of the Gandy Plaza.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Southside: temporary lane configuration remains place.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the east side of Dale Mabry sidewalk.