Media Alert June 28, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
WORK TO CEASE ON SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION PROJECT DURING 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY
There will be no construction work activity or lane closures on the Selmon Extension project on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5, 2019, in observance of the holiday. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday and remember PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
SELMON EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF JUNE 28 – JULY 3, 2019
- Temporary alternating daytime inside and outside lane closures of both northbound and southbound Dale Mabry Highway near the Selmon Expressway over-head crossing for bridge foundation installation. This ongoing operation is scheduled to take a few weeks to complete.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues at night; lanes have been narrowed approaching the intersection. Southside: New lane configuration; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the entrance to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at the bottom of the ramp.
- Traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on southbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the east side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.