Media Alert August 28, 2020 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
WORK TO CEASE ON THE SELMON EXTENSION PROJECT DURING LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Contractors will suspend work for the Selmon Extension project beginning on Friday, September 4, 2020, through Monday, September 7, 2020, in observance of the Labor Day holiday. There will be no impacts to the traveling public during this time. As always, motorists should avoid distracted driving and maintain the posted speed limit especially while driving through a construction zone. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
OTHER EXTENSION CONSTRUCTION ALERTS WEEK OF AUGUST 29 – SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
- Modified traffic pattern remains on the south side of Westshore/Gandy intersection. The right-turn and thru-lane share the same lane.
- Temporary sidewalk closure is in effect along northbound Westshore Boulevard between Infinity Westshore and W. Fielder Street.
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closures are in effect (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard.
- A yield sign remains in place at the bottom off-ramp onto westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Expressway.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure remains in place on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians will need to use crosswalks at Gandy or at Britton Plaza as a detour.