Media Alert August 30, 2019 Contact Information: Kym Graves, Project Information Officer Kym@SelmonExtension.com 813-613-2306
WORK TO CEASE ON THE SELMON EXTENSION PROJECT DURING LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Contractors will suspend work for the Selmon Extension Project beginning Friday, August 30, 2019, through Monday, September 2, 2019, in observance of the Labor Day holiday. There will be no impacts to the traveling public during this time. As always, motorists should avoid distraction while driving and maintain the posted speed limit especially while driving through a construction zone. We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday and remember PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION REMINDERS:
- Sidewalk and crosswalk closure (between Westshore Office Center and Circle K) along the west side of Westshore Boulevard. Pedestrians will need to utilize the posted detour.
- New traffic pattern in place at the intersection of Gandy Boulevard and Dale Mabry Highway. Eastbound Gandy drivers making a right turn onto S. Dale Mabry will have a short merge into the middle travel lane. This temporary traffic pattern will remain for a few weeks until work is complete, weather permitting.
- The median left-turn lane remains temporarily closed in front of the Gandy Plaza located on 4707 W. Gandy Boulevard. The temporary closure is for safety reasons.
- Westshore/Gandy Boulevard intersection; Northside: underground utility work continues. Southside: underground utility work at night, new lane configuration at the intersection; straight-thru/right-turn lanes have been combined into one lane.
- New traffic configuration for the Selmon Exit ramp to the westbound Gandy Boulevard ramp. Drivers should reduce speed while approaching the bottom off-ramp, a yield sign is in place at Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- Sidewalk closure along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard.
- Sidewalk closure on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry.
- Sidewalk closure on S. Dale Mabry Highway between Gandy Boulevard and the Home Depot.