April 12, 2019
Kym Graves, Project Information Officer
NEW TRAFFIC CONFIGURATION SCHEDULED FOR WESTBOUND GANDY ENTRANCE RAMP
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019, Selmon Extension construction crews are scheduled to close the ramp entrance to westbound Gandy Boulevard from the Selmon Expressway at 9pm to conduct a traffic shift, weather permitting. Drivers will need to use Bay to Bay Boulevard or Euclid Avenue as a detour. The new permanent roadway to westbound Gandy Boulevard will be open for traffic by Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6am.
TEMPORARY TURN-LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULED CONTINUES ON EASTBOUND GANDY BOULEVARD THROUGH NEXT WEEK
The left median turn-lane, eastbound Gandy Boulevard in front of Renellie Drive will remain temporarily closed through the middle of next week. The closure is needed to conduct bridge foundation work in the median. Drivers will need to U-turn at Trask Street or S. Manhattan Avenue to access the West Gandy Plaza. Advanced warning signs will be posted to alert motorists. The turn-lane will open for thru-traffic once crews are complete by Wednesday, April 17th at 6am.
In an effort to keep the construction crews and the traveling public safe, we want to remind motorists that the posted construction speed limit is 45 miles per hour. Speed enforcement will be in place in the signed construction zones. The fine for speeding in a construction zone is double the amount of a regular ticket.
OTHER SELMON UPDATES 4/12 – 4/19:
- Daytime tree stump removal operations, utility work, restriping the roadway, installing barrier wall on the north side of Gandy Boulevard, along the southbound lane.
- New traffic pattern remains in place for the Selmon Expressway’s exit to eastbound Gandy Boulevard.
- The short merge still exists on eastbound Gandy between the CSX railroad tracks and Dale Mabry Highway at the entrance to the Selmon Expressway. As an alternative, turn left (north) on Dale Mabry Highway and access the Selmon Expressway ramp, located just behind Target.
- The sidewalk is closed along eastbound Gandy Boulevard between the Dale Mabry Highway interchange and Lois Avenue. Pedestrians walking in the area should use the sidewalk on the north side of Gandy Boulevard. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- The sidewalk is closed on northbound Dale Mabry Highway between the Selmon Expressway overpass and the railroad tracks. Pedestrians walking on Dale Mabry will need to use the sidewalk on the west side of Dale Mabry. Detour signs are posted to alert pedestrians.
- One lane on both eastbound and westbound Gandy Boulevard between Westshore Boulevard and the Gandy Bridge will be closed each night between 9 pm and 6 am.